When a short circuit occurs the controller will enter a short circuit protection state, don’t work properly. So the controller will not be damaged. To be simple, Protection the controller from damaging by short circuit.
Short Circuit will happen in the 3 conditions:
1.Over voltage, for example if the working voltage of the controller is DC12V, you connect the controller to DC24V, the controller will be damaged.
2.Overload, for example the controller output power is DC12V/144W, you have connect to 288W led strips, the controller will be damaged.
3.The strips V+ and the R G B lines, the V+ line was built together with the R, G,B, any of the 3wires by accident.
Pls attention: when the power supply is not stable or not enough, bad quality power supply(when use fluctuate wildly), the controller will enter into the SCP state too, not work correctly.
We can customized the controller with SCP function, it will decrease many artificial situation of damaged led controllers.
- Discussion On Protection Best Practices For LED Circuits
- LED Lamp With Power Supply Used In The Project
- When Using A Constant Voltage Power Supply For LED Lamp Group What Kind Of Request?
- When Using A Constant Current Power Supply For LED Lamp Group What Kind Of Request?
- Ripple Current Of LED's Life Be Affected?
- Why The Same Power Supply With Lamps Of The Same Power Cup (tungsten Filament) Not Lit?
- Why Scan When The Controller Input Part Of The Control Power, Scan To The Second Set Of First LED When The LED Cannot Be Completely Destroyed?
- Why Turn Off Mains LED Lights And Dim Peripheral Vision Occur?
- Switching Power Supply Installation And Use Of The Environment
- Construction Should Pay Attention To Lighting Strike Accident And Powerful Lightning?
- The Difference Between White & Black Color Handheld Remote Control
- Key Points Of High Quality Led Dimming Drivers